CIRMOUNT-sponsored Work Groups are action-oriented,
product-driven participation groups that seek to advance CIRMOUNT
goals. Work Groups are open to all interested; you may belong to
any number of groups. Group leaders solicit input and collaborations
from participants, maintain electronic mailing lists, host Work
Group meetings, and maintain Group records and databases. Work Groups
convene at MTNCLIM Conferences and opportunities otherwise. Contact
individual Work Group leaders for further information. Current CIRMOUNT
- Mountain Climate Network: coordinates a 3-tier strategic approach
to installing a network of mountain climate monitoring stations
and analysis in western mountains.
- Mountain-Based Hydrologic Observatories: develops a consistent
and strategic network of mountain observatories for monitoring
and research on surface-water including snow, ground-water, and
- North American GLORIA (Global Observation Research Initiative
in Alpine Environments): promotes coordinated and integrated monitoring
of alpine plant response to climate change using the international
GLORIA protocol and additional research approaches.
- Mountain Ecosystem Responses to Climate: encourages scientific
knowledge on effects of ecosystems to climate change, and specifically
to incorporate this information in land and water resource planning
- CIRMOUNT and International Relations: promotes and links the
work and benefits of CIRMOUNT to related mountain-climate programs
at the international scale, especially the Mountain Research Initiative.
- Paleoclimatic Archives for Resource Management: makes paleoclimatic
and paleoecological data more accessible and applicable to users
that range from scientists in other disciplines to regional resource
(both land and water) managers.
For coordination and assistance in forming a new group, contact
Connie Millar (firstname.lastname@example.org).