- Mission Statement
- Organizational Structure
- Our Focus on Existing Priorities
- Our Focus on New Priorities
- The President’s Management Initiatives
- Management Controls, Systems, and Compliance with Laws or Regulations
- Followup to the Inspector General’s Recommendations
- Forest Service’s Financial Highlights for 2003
- Forest Service’s Performance Highlights for 2003
- 2003 Forest Service Performance Indicators and Trends
- Validation, Verification, and Limitations of Data Sources
Management's Discussion and Analysis
The mission of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service is to:
Sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the Nation’s forest and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations.
The Forest Service’s commitment to land stewardship and public service is the framework within which the national forests and grasslands are managed.