Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) for the
2010 MVUM Update Decision Released!
The Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest is pleased to announce the release of the decision for the 2010 MVUM Update. The documents below describe the decision and are available for review. You may request hard copies of these documents by contacting the CNNF Travel Management Coordinator, Joan Marburger. Contact information is at the bottom of this web page.
This is the letter to accompany the 2010 MVUM Update Decision Notice and Finding of No Significant Impact.
This document provides the legal notice of the release of the decision for the 2010 MVUM Update and is the exclusive means of calculating the dates of the appeal period. This document was published in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on March 31, 2010. The Appeal Period is April 1, 2010 to May 17, 2010.
This document contains a description of the decision and the changes for the 2010 MVUM. Also included is a list of the roads being added to or removed from the MVUM and their motorized designation for public use.
These documents contain the resource analysis conducted for the 2010 MVUM Update. These documents supplement the analysis conducted for the 2008 Travel Management Project Environmental Assessment.
Roads Analysis Report and Matrices
The Roads Analysis Report supplements the 2008 RAP Report for the Travel Management Project. The matrices contain analysis information on all of the roads analyzed for the 2010 MVUM Update.
- Roads Analysis Report (pdf)
- Appendix I (pdf) This matrix contains the road by road risk value analysis results for roads suggestions submitted through Sept 4, 2009
- Appendix II (pdf) This matrix contains the road by road risk value analysis results for roads suggestions submitted from Sept 5, 2009 through the formal comment period, which ended on Dec 2, 2009.
- Appendix III (pdf) This matrix contains the list of roads that required the District Rangers to reconsider because of new information.
This document contains a summary of the public comments received for the 2010 MVUM Update along with the CNNF's responses to the public comments.
2010 MVUM Update Decision Maps
These maps display the roads being added to or removed from the 2009 MVUM. These roads are indicated both with color and in a tabular format. You will be able to discern what the 2009 public motor vehicle use was on these roads and what the 2010 public motor vehicle use will be on these roads.
Note: These are large pdf files. To print a section of the PDF files, use the zoom feature to zoom in to the area. Next select file, print, current view and ok. You may also request a hard copy of these maps by contacting any local Forest Office or by contacting the CNNF Travel Management Coordinator, Joan Marburger. Contact information is at the bottom of this web page.
Note: These maps are only intended to represent the 2010 MVUM Update decision and changes to the MVUM. The official 2010 MVUM is anticipated to be available in late May 2010
2009 OFFICIAL Motor Vehicle Use Maps
These MVUMs display the CNNF's designated network of roads and trails for public motor vehicle use. Please continue to use the 2009 MVUMs until the official 2010 MVUM is available. The official 2010 MVUM is anticipated to be available in late May 2010.
The maps BELOW contain the unauthorized roads. These maps will help you identify specific roads for suggesting they be added to the 2010 version of the MVUM. Please note that these are not the official MVUMs and the unauthorized roads are not currently available for public motorized use. An unauthorized road is one that the CNNF has NOT yet determined is necessary for the protection, administration, and utilization of the NFS and the use and development of its resources (CFR 212.1)
- Eagle River Florence Ranger District – East (pdf, 1.3 MB)
- Eagle River Florence Ranger District – Southwest (pdf, 1.2 MB)
- Eagle River Florence Ranger District – Northwest (pdf, 1.1 MB)
- Great Divide Ranger District - Southeast (pdf, 1.5 MB)
- Great Divide Ranger District - Southwest (pdf, 2.1 MB)
- Great Divide Ranger District - Northeast (pdf, 1.5 MB)
- Great Divide Ranger District – Northwest (pdf, 1.6 MB)
- Lakewood Laona Ranger District – North (pdf, 1.2 MB)
- Lakewood Laona Ranger District – South (pdf, 1.5 MB)
- Medford Landbase (pdf, 1.1 MB)
- Park Falls Landbase (pdf, 1.7 MB)
- Washburn Ranger District – North (pdf, 974 kB)
- Washburn Ranger District – South (pdf, 1.22 MB)
2010 MVUM Update Forest Proposal Page
This webpage includes the documents and maps for the 2010 MVUM Update Forest Proposal released in November 2009
2008 Travel Management Project
Environmental Assessment Page
This webpage includes the documents used for the analysis and decision for the 2009 MVUM
For additional information about
this project, contact Joan Marburger, Project Coordinator, Chequamegon-Nicolet
NF, 1170 4th Avenue South, Park Falls, WI 54552, 715-762-5178, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page Last Updated
Apr. 13, 2010
This webpage is part of the official USDAFS Chequamegon-Nicolet
National Forest website. For information about this site's linking, privacy,
and other use policies please see our privacy & legal page. For more
information about the region, other national forests, the Forest Service,
or the USDA, please visit these official sites: Region
9, US Forest Service, US
Department of Agriculture.