Tips For Returning Home:
Open up doors and windows during the day to help remove the smoke odors
that will be inside your home. You'll probably want to close at night
when the smoke settles.
- Make sure your phone works.
- Contact your local gas provider to check gas service and relight
pilots before activating service.
Form Your Own Fire Brigade:
- Call 911 for emergencies.
- Keep garden hoses charged with a nozzle attached.
- Keep an eye on neighbors property (especially residents who are not
- Torching will be common inside fire control lines for several days.
Call 911 if fire is close to homes.
Hazards Common to Fire Areas:
- Snags (falling burned trees): Silent Killers
- Stump Holes (roots burning underground)
- Fire Equipment: call local fire department if you find any equipment.
- Retardant Agents:
4. Firetrol: this is VERY SLIPPERY when WET!!! Use a high pressure
wash to remove. Firetrol is a fertilizer base and not harmful to