Requests for Materials -- Eligibility
The following two groups are eligible to submit requests for article copies or book loans directly to the National Forest Service Library (NFSL). If you are not affiliated with one of these two groups, see All Others below.
1. US Forest Service Employees
- Requests are limited to job-related topics.
- Please use our document delivery request form or follow the instructions on the “My List” page of FS INFO to request materials.
- Please visit our intranet site to view additional services.
2. Libraries, Organizations, and Associations
- The National Forest Service Library accepts requests from libraries and other organizations in accordance with the national and international interlibrary code and guidelines. In its national role, NFSL supplies copies of US Forest Service publications not found elsewhere.
- Libraries should submit requests to major university libraries, national or provincial institutions, or network sources prior to sending requests to NFSL. If the publications are not available from these sources, submit requests to NFSL with a statement indicating their non-availability.
If you are not affiliated with one of the two groups listed above, you must submit your request through the interlibrary loan service of a library.
- In the United States, possible sources are: public libraries; state libraries; and land-grant university or other large research libraries. If the publications are not available from your local library, have your library submit an interlibrary loan request to NFSL with a statement indicating their non-availability from other sources.
- Outside of the United States, possible sources are: major university, national, or provincial institutions and Agricultural Libraries Network (AGLINET) libraries.