You can bring the real world to your students with this project. Students investigate their school’s energy use, including solid waste and recycling, water, school site, air quality and more. Based on their findings, they will work with you and the school administration on service-learning projects to create a green school.
Ideas for the classroom
- Natural Inquirer is a science journal written by Forest Service scientists for middle-school students.
- FSNatureLIVE! brings together webinars and information about pollinators, climate change, wetlands, bats, bird migration, butterflies and rainforests.
- North American Association for Environmental Educators has more than 5,400 links divided among 300 categories.
Just for you
- Find local resources and Forest Service educators
- Professional development opportunities
- Evaluate your conservation education program
- Multimedia tools
- Connect with our education partners