USDA Forest Service,
Lands and Realty Staff
1400 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20250-1124
Phone: (202) 205-1248
Weeks Act Centennial
100th Anniversary Celebration Information
- Communication Products- USDA and FS Speeches, Interviews
- Links to Related Documents, Videos and partner Weeks Act Celebration web sites:
- Links to current Administrtive Initiatives and Related Programs:
- America's Great Outdoors - The President's February 2011 report profiles a grassroots approach to protecting our lands and waters and connecting
all Americans to their natural and cultural heritage. AGO seeks to empower all Americans—
citizens, young people, and representatives of community groups; the private sector; nonprofit
organizations; and local, state, and tribal governments—to share in the responsibility to
conserve, restore, and provide better access to our lands and waters in order to leave a healthy,
vibrant outdoor legacy for generations yet to come.
- International Year of Forests 2011 - In 2011, the U.S. Forest Service – in partnership with other organizations -- will host/coordinate many activities to celebrate the International Year of Forests.
Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest photos before and after landscape restoration. The photo on the left features the Deerskin Area Plantation in 1937, which was established to curtain erosion and restores the land’s productivity. The photo on the right depicts a typical scene in the forest today.