BRIDGER-TETON NATIONAL FOREST
Christmas Tree Permits * 2003*
- A permit is needed to cut Christmas Trees on the Bridger-Teton National Forest and on Kemmerer and Pinedale BLM administered lands. Permits can be purchased from Bridger-Teton National Forest Service Offices. Kemmerer and Pindale BLM Offices, The Jackson Hole and Greater Yellowstone Visitor Center in Jackson or your local vendors.
- Permit prices are as follows:
- $5.00 each for trees up to 12 feet in height
- $15.00 each for trees 12 to 25 feet in height
- $25.00 each for trees over 25 feet in height
- Permits will be sold from October 1 (if tags are available) to December 22.
- An individual may purchase ONLY one permit in their name. A person may purchase permits for other individuals, one permit per person. Individuals purchasing a permit for another person must provide the name, address and telephone number of the intended permitee. A maximum number of 5 permits can be sold to one individual.
- The permittee must sign the permit and have it in their possession at the time of cutting.
- All Trees MUST BE TAGGED at the time of cutting and before transporting-- each tree must be tagged.
- All stump heights must be 8 inches or less. Any tree removed from an aspen stand may be topped (no height restrictions) but must be cut within 8 inches of the ground.
- All branches must be cut free of the stump or any portion of the tree trunk left in the forest.
- Cutting is prohibited in campgrounds, summer home sites, ski areas, Cache Creek Canyon near Jackson, the Snake River Canyon, designated Wilderness Study Areas, and elk feeding grounds. Any exceptions to the closed areas listed above must be written on the permit and initialed by a Forest Officer.
- Please follow all travel restrictions for the Bridger-Teton National Forest as shown on Forest Travel Maps. These maps are available at each District Office. Snowmobile use is permitted following current travel restrictions.
- Remember, it is your responsibility to secure permission to cross private land in pursuit of your Christmas Tree.
All sales are final. Refunds will not be given
ENJOY YOUR FEDERAL LANDS AND HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Document URL: http://www.fs.fed.us/jhgyvc/christmastree.html
Return to:Jackson Hole and Greater Yellowstone Visitor Center
Return to: Bridger-Teton National Forest
Last updated: August 23 2003
Expiration Date: None