Page 1 of 2
FOREST SERVICE HANDBOOK
FSH 1909.15 - NEPA PROCEDURES HANDBOOK
GMUG Supplement No. 1909.15-92-1
Effective February 26, 1992
POSTING NOTICE. Supplements to this title are numbered consecutively. Post by document name. Remove entire document and replace with this supplement. Retain this transmittal as the first page of this document. The last supplement to this Handbook was Supplement GMUG SUPP #3, Chapter 10
Document Name (Number of Pages)
GMUG SUPP #3, 11.1--1- 11.1--2 2 -
1909.15,11 - 2
Removes GMUG SUPP #3. Reissues Supplement to conform to format structure in the electronic environment and conforms chapter headings to parent text.
11 - Renames section heading to conform to parent text.
11.1 - Renames subsection heading to conform to parent text. Removes paragraphs 4-6 of GMUG SUPP #3 and replaces with new text.
ROBERT L. STORCH
11 - CONDUCT SCOPING
11.1 - Organize Scoping Effort
The following procedures will be used to establish Interdisciplinary (ID) Teams on the Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre and Gunnnison National Forest.
Establishment and composition of interdisciplinary teams will be appropriate to the issues and management concerns identified in the scoping process.
The unit originating the request for a team will designate a team leader. District projects will have a person on the District as the team leader. Team leaders are responsible for ensuring the environmental documents are completed for the responsible official's signature.
Units requesting staff support from the Supervisor's Office will make their requests directly to the Primary staff for the involved resource area. Requests shall be made as timely as possible to allow work scheduling. Requests may be through phone communication or through a written memo file with dual file designation of 1950 and which ever other resource designation is involved.
Upon assignment by the primary staff officer, the actual staff person requested will contact the district within a reasonable time to arrange meetings and field visits as needed.
All projects requiring Supervisor's Office staff support will have an S.O Coordinator identified. The Coordinator will be responsible for contact between the Supervisor's Office and the District.
When ID teams begin the environmental analysis, they will remain a team until the Decision Document is signed by the responsible official.
USDA - Forest Service FS-1100-2 (6/91)
DIRECTIVE AMENDMENT OR SUPPLEMENT PROCESSING REQUEST
(Refer to FSM 1120; FSH 1109.12)
1. Directive Code (Manual Chapter/Section; | 2. Originating Staff|3. Amendment
Handbook No./Chapter) | Unit :GRAND MESA | X Supplement
1909.15,11.1--1 |UNC. & GUNN. N.F. |
4. Superseded Material: Complete appropriate section of attached transmittal page.
Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre & Gunnison SUPP #3, dated 3/85
5. Digest of Significant Changes or New Direction: Complete appropriate section of attached transmittal page. Reissued material contained in GMUG SUPP #3 to conform to
electronic environment and to make changes in paragraphs 4-6 of the supplement.
6. Public Notice and Comment:
This directive requires public notice and comment. YES NO.
* For ANY substantive FSM amendment, attach signed determination documenting
whether Federal Register publication is required. (36 CFR 216.5)
* If yes, has draft Federal Register notice been submitted for review? YES NO
7. Information Requirements: This directive contains new or modified information
requirements (FSM 1390). YES NO
8a.Directive Author|b.Signature |c.Phone No.|d.Room No.|e.Date
| | | |
| | | |
DRAFT CLEARANCES (Initials & Dates)
9. Directives |10. Forms & Reports |11. Information Requirements|12. Records Mgt.
| | |
| | |
13. Concurrence by Other Affected Staff:
(Staff) |(Staff Representative) |(Initials) |(Date)
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
14. I have read and concur with the contents of this document.
Staff Director (Original Signature) (Date)
15. Directives |16. Forms & Reports |17. Information Requirements|18.Records Mgt.
| | |
19. This document conforms to directive system policy and standards and principles of
Directive Manager (Original Signature) (Date)
20. This directive conforms to current management principles. Any administrative
requirements herein are the minimum necessary and do not impose an
unreasonable administrative burden on agency units or the public.
Line Officer (Original Signature) (Date)
RETURN FORM AND DIRECTIVE TO INS - ROOM 809 RPE