VolcanoCam News Blog
Blog Home - April 2013 - March 2013 - February 2013 - January 2013 - December 2012 - November 2012 - October 2012 - September 2012 - August 2012 - July 2012 - June 2012 - May 2012 - April 2012 - March 2012 - February 2012 - January 2012 - December 2011 - November 2011 - October 2011 - September 2011 - August 2011 - July 2011 - June 2011 - May 2011 - April 2011 - March 2011 - February 2011 - January 2011 - December 2010 - November 2010 - October 2010 - September 2010 - August 2010 - July 2010 - May 2010 - April 2010 - March 2010 - February 2010 - January 2010 - December 2009 - November 2009 - October 2009 - September 2009 - August 2009 - July 2009 - June 2009 - May 2009 - April 2009 - March 2009 - February 2009 - January 2009 - December 2008 - November 2008 - October 2008 - September 2008 - August 2008 - July 2008 - June 2008 - May 2008 - April 2008 - March 2008 - February 2008 - January 2008 - December 2007 - November 2007 - October 2007 - September 2007 - August 2007 - July 2007
Friday, 22 January 2010 @ 8:08 amPST
Could it be? Is it possible? Are my eyes seeing what's real? Just hold those thoughts for a minute as we perform some additional tweaks with the VolcanoCams. The saga is not quite complete. We still have to address network problems with the ClassicCam. VolcanoCamHD connectionms appear to be stable. We'll have more later to share once the ClassicCam is back online.
Thursday, 14 January 2010 @ 12:31 pm PST
Afternoon update. We find no problems with either VolcanoCam nor the immediate network connections. A series of tests from here at the JRO indicates network issues further down the line, outside of our scope. Images are still unable to reach the public web server. Clouds are moving in over the volcano as a type this. We've had partly cloudy to full Sun the whole time here. It's time to go before temperatures begin to drop and ice up the road.
Thursday, 14 January 2010 @ 10:47 am PST
We have a weather window! This blog post is coming directly from the Johnston Ridge Observatory (JRO). The JRO is closed from November through May. Access is very limited during the winter months because of heavy snows, avalanche danger, etc. Last winter MSH maintenance staff managed to get up here once, maybe twice, all winter. However, right now, temperatures are in the mid-30s and road access is available. We are between winter storms. Perhaps this is a January thaw. In any case, we're performing on-site inspections of both VolcanoCams, and related gear. We'll post an update here later this afternoon.
Wednesday, 06 January 2010 @ 7:33 am PST
Our sincere apologies for the continuing problems with network access for the VolcanoCams. While both cameras continue to function, generate images, and transmit them to the web server, those images are either getting lost in transmission and/or not being accepted by the web server. In addition, an added problem possiblely created by required security updates installed during the recent holidays has surfaced. That we are able to post this blog note today should be taken as a sign we may have fixed this latest problem. We have been unable to connect to this site since since late December, until today.
Thank you for your emails pointing out the ongoing problem. All email are read, although we can't always respond to them.