Staff Directory Search our site. Frequently Asked Questions Feedback Site Map Partners Contact us
Click here to return to our Home page.Welcome to the US Forest Service INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
Back to International Visitor Program
About the Program and Our Services
Who Can Participate?
Who Can Participate?
How to Apply?
Program Regulations
Pre-Entry and Arrival

International Visitor Program

OUR SERVICES: Program Design

Inviting international visitors to participate in special programs requires advanced planning. We hope we can help ease the planning process by offering you important information about the multiple items you need to consider when inviting and hosting international visitors.

Above all, it is important to allow sufficient time for the visa application process. As the application process can take as long as 3-4 months, much of the preparation might begin as early as 3-6 months prior to the program or event. We encourage future hosts of international visitors to contact International Programs to discuss proposed programs as early as possible.

Program Design
J-1 Visas
Health Insurance
Maintenance Allowance - Reimbursements
Exchange Visitor Program Orientations
Required J-1 Program Monitoring and Reporting

International Programs can assist with understanding visa classifications and what might be most appropriate given the profile of the prospective visitor, proposed program activities and sources of funds. We can also share information about official invitations, visa application processes and required supporting documents.

To initiate your planning process, please review the sections on Visas, Who Can Participate and our Services. Visas, reimbursements, insurance, and travel. You can also explore the How to Apply and Forms sections on this website where you will find some helpful planning tools. Among them are:

We look forward to hearing from you and offering our assistance.

Next Service: J-1 Visas

If you have any questions, please contact:

  • Brenda Dean , International Visitor Program Coordinator, Responsible Officer, (202) 644-4640,
  • Rima Eid, International Visitor Program Specialist, Alternate Responsible Officer, (202)644-4642,
  • Kristin Corcoran, International Visitor Program Specialist, (202) 644-4643,
  • Misty Sidhu, International Visitor Program Specialist, (202) 644-4645,
  • Ashlee Jackson, International Visitor Program Specialist, (202) 644-4644,
  • Lee Blaser, International Visitor Program Specialist, (202) 644-4631,

Back to top

Home |About the Program & Our Services |Our Services | Who Can Participate
How to Apply | Program Regulations | Pre-Entry and Arrival | Orientation
Contacts | Forms |Links | Disclaimer

Staff Directory
| Search | FAQ | Feedback | Site Map | Partners | Contact Us
International Programs | Forest Service | USDA

2000 US Forest Service International Programs
Legal Information and Disclaimer