United States immigration laws are very complex and change frequently. The information contained on this website and in associated documents is designed specifically for international visitors and sponsoring US Forest Service Units. Though International Programs tries to keep its website and publications up to date, we cannot guarantee that the content is fully comprehensive nor can we attest to its accuracy given the ongoing development of immigration and program policies. The information contained herein cannot be considered as legal advice. Ultimately, foreigners holding US visas are responsible for understanding and complying with program and immigration regulations. Immigration policies do change and individual cases and concerns are unique. When seeking advice or researching policy, one should contact an International Visitor Program Specialist who services as a J-1 Exchange Visitor Program Alternate Responsible Officer and refer to Department of State and Department of Homeland Security sources.
The Office of International Programs does its best to inform hosting units and international visitors associated with the Agency of the policies governing their programs. Host units, advisors and exchange visitors must maintain regular communication with International Programs and international visitors to ensure timely communication of important program related information and compliance with all mandatory monitoring and reporting responsibilities.
International visitors must stay informed of immigration and program policy that regulates their programs and stays in the United States. If an exchange visitor fails to maintain lawful immigration status, he or she is subject to program termination and any decisions or actions which may be taken by the US Department of Homeland Security and US Department of State.
> If you have any questions, please contact:
- Brenda Dean , International Visitor Program Coordinator, Responsible Officer, (202) 644-4640, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rima Eid, International Visitor Program Specialist, Alternate Responsible Officer, (202)644-4642, email@example.com
- Kristin Corcoran, International Visitor Program Specialist, (202) 644-4643, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Misty Sidhu, International Visitor Program Specialist, (202) 644-4645, email@example.com
- Lee Blaser, International Visitor Program Specialist, (202) 644-4631, firstname.lastname@example.org
|> Click hereand read about latest activities and news of the International Visitor Program.