Geospatial Advisory Committee Responsibilities
In providing support to the Executive Board, the Geospatial Advisory
1. Identify, monitor, and address issues regarding the state of
Forest Service geospatial programs and activities.
2. Maintain knowledge of, and contacts with, the Federal Geographic
Data Committee (FGDC) and other geospatial information entities.
3. Develop and make recommendations concerning geospatial program
execution and resources needed to meet corporate requirements.
4. Communicate observations, findings, and recommendations.
5. Make recommendations concerning the establishment of additional
working groups or the holding of meetings necessary to further Forest Service
6. Invite representatives of other agencies,
and non-governmental organizations to attend meetings and to participate in
work groups when appropriate.
Geospatial Advisory Committee Business Operations
The Geospatial Advisory Committee will meet twice annually usually in the
Fall and Spring. At least one joint meeting will be held between the
Geospatial Executive Board and Geospatial Advisory Committee. Meeting
minutes, recommendations, and results of chartered working groups will
be presented to the Executive Board.
Geospatial Advisory Committee recommendations will be presented to the Executive
Board as determined by the Board Chair and Executive Assistant. The Geospatial
Executive Board will be responsible for preparing an annual report for the
Ecosystem Management Corporate Team.