Presidential Management Fellows Program
2013 Recruitment & Job Fair Information
Application and Nomination Process
Presidential Management Fellows (PMFs) are identified by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) through a national competitive process that includes 1) application through USA Jobs, and 2) participation in an two-stage, OPM-administered assessment.
The Forest Service is committed to attracting the most capable and diverse graduates. If your college or university does not yet have resources in place, these resources should help you communicate the value of the PMF program to your department head or dean.
- OPM's information for Academia, including standard guidance, PPT presentation, and flyer.
- If you are interested in having someone contact or visit your college or university about career opportunities with the Forest Service through the PMF program, please contact us.
Preparation for the Job Fair
- Save the Date! 1. Save the Date! The OPM-sponsored job fair for Presidential Management Fellows will be scheduled for Spring 2013 near the DC Convention Center in Washington DC. Visit OPM’s PMF Job Fair web page for more information as the event approaches.
- Search the jobs database early and often.
- Contact potential employers (from the jobs database and your own professional networks) and set up interviews by phone or (preferably) in person. Many agencies, including the Forest Service, work very quickly to fill positions. Thus, it is highly advantageous to make contact with potential employers and set up interviews well before the job fair.
- Review these questions to ask a potential employer during an interview.
- If you have additional questions, feel free to contact a member of the Forest Service PMF Recruitment Committee:
Tania Ellersick, Forest Managment, Washington, D.C.
Melissa Jenkins, Forest Health Protection, Washington, D.C.
Ben Johnson, Coronado National Forest, Tucson, AZ
You can also contact other current or former PMFs with questions.
Be sure to plan ahead for your visit, especially if you will be traveling long distances. If this is your first time in DC (or even if it's not!), these details on travel, hotels, and things to do should be helpful.
|Events and Updates
2013 PMF Finalists!
For more information on working with the Forest Service in one of our 2013 PMF positions,
or for rotational openings,
visit our opportunities page.
Interested in becoming a 2014 PMF? Check the OPM website for information on the 2014 application period.
The Forest Service, Future Leaders Growing Future Leaders, was selected as one of the Top 50 programs for the Harvard Innovations in Government Award in 2008.
Search Forest Service and OPM websites for additional information