|MONDAY, October 7TH|
|All Day||Optional Field Trip: Crypt Lake, Waterton Lakes NP|
|5:00-10:00 pm||Registration and Welcome Social|
|TUESDAY, October 8TH|
|7:00-8:30am||Breakfast Meeting: Twig and Foliage Committee- Chair: Harry Kope|
|8:30-9:00am||Welcome from Chair/Program and housekeeping|
|9:00-9:45am||Keynote Address- Bill Dolan, Provincial Parks Alberta, National Parks Canada: "Beyond the boundaries of Waterton Lakes National Park"|
|9:45-10:15am||2012 Outstanding Achievement Speech, Dr. John Schwandt, Plant Pathologist, USFS Forest Health Protection, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho|
|10:15-10:30am||2013 Outstanding Achievement Award presented|
|10:50am-12:00pm||Grad Student Intros- Kathy Lewis|
|12:00-1:30pm||Lunch Meeting: Rust Committee- Chair: Helen Maffei|
|1:30-2:30pm||Panel: Student session for travel award recipients- Bill Jacobi|
|2:30-3:00pm||Open papers- David Rusch, moderator
- Christy Cleaver, Forest and Shade Tree Health Lab, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado: "Limber pine stand conditions after white pine blister rust and mountain pine beetle caused mortality in the central and southern Rocky Mountains"
|3:15-5:15pm||Panel: Whitebark and Limber Pine Research, Monitoring and Recovery- Cyndi Smith, coordinator/moderator
- Cyndi Smith, Scientist Emeritus, Waterton Lakes NP, Waterton Park, Alberta: "Changes in whitebark and limber pine health in the Canadian Rockies"
|7:00-9:00pm||Poster Session- Kelly Burns
Silent Auction- Holly Kearns
|WEDNESDAY, October 9TH|
|7:00-8:30am||Breakfast Meeting: Dwarf Mistletoe Committee- Chair: Fred Baker|
|8:45am-5:00pm||Field Trip- All Day|
|5:30-7:00pm||Evening Cocktail Meeting: Climate Committee- Chairs: Susan Frankel and Dave Shaw|
|THURSDAY, October 10TH|
|7:00-8:30am||Breakfast Meeting: Hazard Tree Committee- Chair: Pete Angwin|
|8:30-10:30am||Panel: Status of Sudden Aspen Decline Across Western North America- Ted Hogg, coordinator/moderator
- Ted Hogg, Research Scientist, Northern Forestry Centre, Edmonton, Alberta: "Factors affecting mortality and fall down rates of aspen following severe drought in western Canada"
|10:45am-12:15pm||Open papers- David Rusch, moderator
- Will Littke, Plant Pathologist, Weyerhauser Company, Washington: "Pulp and Paper Machine Bacteria – isolation and Identification techniques for paper bacteria"
|12:15-1:45pm||Lunch Meeting: Root Disease Committee- Chair: Blakey Lockman|
|1:45-3:45pm||Panel: Inter-trophic Effects of Air Pollution- Nancy Grülke, coordinator/moderator
- Nancy Grülke- Director of USFS Western Wildland Environmental Threat Assessment Center, Prineville, OR: "Ozone effects on tree physiology and implications for pathogens"
|5:30-? pm||Evening Banquet|
|FRIDAY, October 11TH|
|7:00-8:30am||Breakfast Meeting: Nursery Pathology Committee- Chair: Will Littke|
|8:30-10:30am||Panel: Applications of Genomics to Forest Pathology- Richard Hamelin
- Richard Hamelin, Dept. Forest Sciences, UBC, Vancouver, BC: "Overview of genomics applications in forest pathology"
|10:30-11:00am||Closing Remarks- WIFDWC Chair|