FVS Bulletins 2014 and Suppose Release Notes
The following are FVS bulletins posted in the current calendar year 2014. Suppose Release Notes follow the FVS Bulletins table. Bulletins from previous years are also available. These bulletins notify users of program updates, problems, or other information related to the Forest Vegetation Simulator, the Fire and Fuels Extensions, and the Insect and Pathogen models. Click the filename to download or to open the bulletin. The files are small, simple ASCII text files, 2 to 27 KB in size.
- Post-1995 Bulletins - Select a year in the box below.
- Pre-1995 Bulletins - Bulletins 1 to 300 are not available
online. If you wish to obtain a bulletin(s) prior to Bulletin 301, contact our staff.
Topic(s): The Fire and Fuels Extension (FFE) was restructured to run on cycles rather than annually, the white pine blister rust extension was linked to appropriate variants, problems with the SQLin keyword and with the height to merchantable top estimates in the database tables were corrected, board foot volume methods in Region 9 where updated, the default volume equation for ponderosa pine in Region 3 was changed, a problem in calculating merchantable volumes for 32 foot logs was corrected in the Southeast Alaska and Coastal British Columbia variant, FFE table headers were edited to clarify that the tables are based on stockable area, Potential Vegetation codes with reference number 653 were added to the East Cascades variant, and a correction was made to the ADDTREES keyword.
Topic(s): Corrections were made to the THINSDI, THINCC, THINRDEN, THINPT, THINRDSL and PRUNE keywords.
- New THINQFA keyword (all variants)
- TREEBIO keyword (all variants)
- FVS_COMPUTE table in database (all variants)
- Dwarf mistletoe table (all western variants)
- Small tree height (CS and LS)
- Board foot volumes (CS, LS, and NE)
- Tripling diameter estimates (all variants)
- Bark ratio calculations (IE)
- Hemlock volume equations (PN and WC)
- File header (CR)
- Keyword name echo (SN)
- Acorns event monitor function (all variants)
- Default SDIMAX values (BM)
- Default site species (BM)
Suppose Release Notes
Suppose Release Notes describe problem fixes with previous versions and the additions of new features to Suppose. The files are small, simple ASCII text files. The file name format "rn115.txt" denotes "release notes for Suppose version 1.15". The ".txt" file extension denotes the ASCII text file format.