Use only letters, numbers, question marks, exclamation points, and dashes.
- Search words are used exactly as entered:
- Two words with a space between them will locate an item that contains
exactly "first word space second word."
- If you search titles for "work tests," you will not find any documents.
- If you search for "tests," you will find the document "Work Capacity
Tests for Wildland Firefighters Test Administrator's Guide."
- Plurals can be a problem:
- If you search titles for "trails," you will not get documents with
"trail" in the title.
- If you search titles for "trail," you will get documents with either
"trail" or "trails" in the title.
- Author searches work best using just the last name:
- A search for "Sharkey" returns all MTDC documents published by Dr. Brian
- A search for "Brian Sharkey" returns no documents.
- Year search is the four-digit year a document, drawing,
video, CD or Web site was published or completed.
- Keyword searches include words in the title as well
as specific keywords. Keywords have only been assigned to MTDC documents since
- Keywords are chosen using the CAB Thesaurus of technical terms for guidance.
- We always include terms and spellings preferred by the thesaurus, but
also include standard American spellings and specialized terms that are
not in the thesaurus.
Advanced Search | Search Help