Climate Change and...
More FS Climate Sites
Holocene Climate Variation and Drought in the Great Basin: impacts on Past, Present, and Future VegetationCCRC Home > Climate Change Presentations > Holocene Climate Variation and Drought in the Great Basin: impacts on past, present, and future vegetation
There are THREE ways to view this presentation:
Play the quickview version (slides and audio). Player instructions.
Watch the Portable Electronic Presentation (PEP).
View this presentation with high-quality slides, video of the presenter, Web links, and interactive table of contents.
About The Presenter
Robin J. Tausch, USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station
About This Presentation
Running time: 17 minutes and 20 seconds.
Given: February 22, 2007, at the Forest Service Intermountain Regional Integrated Resource Workshop, Ogden, UT.
Production by: M.J. Furniss and J. Guntle, Communications and Applications, PNW and PSW Research Stations
- Holocene Climate Variation and Drought
- Hocene CO2 and Temperature Variation
- Holocene Great Basin Lakes
- Modern Intact Woodrat Midden
- Exposed Fossil Midden
- Large Midden, Clan Alpine Mountains.
- Recent and Older Midden Samples
- Sieving Dissolved Midden Sample
- Sorting Midden Plant Materials
- Toiyabe Mountains. Midden Area
- Topographic Map of Midden Sites
- Big Creek Midden Site
- Upper Birch Creek Midden Site
- Macrofossil Taxa at Each Location
- Cluster Dendrogram Midden Samples
- Mid-Holocene Dry Periods
- Tree Trunk in Lake Tahoe
- Mid-Holocene Wet Period
- Sampling a Toiyabe Mountains. Meadow
- Core Sampling for Pollen
- Neoglacial Wet Period
- Slope Stability, Soil Formation
- Post-Neoglacial Drought
- Slope Instability and Deposition
- Deposited Alluvial Fan
- Medieval Warm Period
- Little Ice Age
- Post-Little Ice Age Variation
- Post-Little Ice Age Erosion
- Head Cut 1994
- Head Cut 1998
- Incised Meadow 2002
- Total Taxa by C14 Age
- Elevation Limits of Key Plant Species
- Macrofossil Taxa by Plant Form
- Drought Monitor Example Map