Climate Change and...
More FS Climate Sites
Climate Change Impacts on PNW ForestsCCRC Home > Climate Change Presentations > Climate Change Short Course > Climate Change Impacts on PNW Forests
View this presentation:
Play the quickview version (slides and audio). Player instructions.
About The Presenter
Jeremy S. Littell, JISAO CSES Climate Impacts Group, University of Washington
About This Presentation
Running time: 31 minutes and 21 seconds
Given: May 2008, Climate Change Short Course, Developing a Climate for Change
Online production by M.J. Furniss and J. Guntle, Communications and Applications, PNW and PSW Research Stations
Video by Pat McAbery
- Climate Impacts on PNW Forests
- As temperature increases, potential evapotranspiration increases
- What can we learn from the past?
- Species distribution and climate
- Climate variability affects tree regeneration at decadal scales
- Climatic change and establishment
- Mapping future species for forest management decisions
- Climatic variability and tree growth
- Carbon storage and sequestration in PNW temperate Forests
- Climate and fire
- Regional fire episodes and climatic change
- Fire and climate relationships
- PNW area burned 1916-2007
- Future wildfire?
- Climate change and forest insects
- Why temperature increase releases mountain pine beetle populations in B.C.
- Mountain Pine Beetle and adaptive seasonality
- Implications for vegetation management
- Infrastructure, planning, and projects
- Regional sources of forest climate impacts information and science