Climate Change and...
More FS Climate Sites
Impacts and Uncertainties of Climate Change on Stream Habitats and Fish CommunitiesCCRC Home > Climate Change Presentations > Impacts and Uncertainties of Climate Change on Stream Habitats and Fish Communities
There are THREE ways to view this presentation:
Play the quickview version (slides and audio). Player instructions.
Watch the Portable Electronic Presentation (PEP).
View this presentation with high-quality slides, video of the presenter, Web links, and interactive table of contents.
About The Presenter
Dan Isaak, U.S. Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station
About This Presentation
Running time: 27 minutes and 49 seconds
Given: February 22, 2007, at the Forest Service Intermountain Regional Integrated Resource Workshop, Ogden, UT.
Production by: M.J. Furniss and J. Guntle, Communications and Applications, PNW and PSW Research Stations
- Impacts and Uncertainties of Climate Change on Stream Habitats and Fish Communities
- Talk Outline
- Earth Surface Temperature Variations for...
- The Past 650,000 Years
- Projected by 2050
- Species Phenologies and Distribution are Shifting
- Western United States—Observed Patterns
- Total Winter Precipitation
- Declining Spring Snowpack
- Earlier Stream Runoff
- Increasing Fire Severity
- Predicted Temperature Increases
- Western Landscapes Are Highly Dynamic...
- Sediment Regimes—Fire Effects
- Pine Beetle Die—Offs
- Hydrologic Regimes—Altered Peak Flow
- Altered Peak Flows
- Decreasing Baseflows
- Thermal Regimes
- Boise River Basin
- How Will Species React?
- Spatial Structure and Life History Diversity
- Temporal Structure
- Remnant Populations and Fragmented Stream Networks
- Linking Climate Change and Fish
- Prospective Analysis
- What If Games
- Upper End Projection
- Nonuniform Spatial Response
- Mechanistic Modeling Approaches
- How Will Global Change Affect...
- Biophysical Integration Needed
- Contectual Prioritization
- Where Can Management Make a Difference?
- Vulnerability to Climate Change
- Bolstering Resistence/Resilience
- Spatial Structure
- U.S. Forest Service Rocky Mountain Research Station