Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation
Topics in this presentation:
- Carbon Tools Background
- Tools with output at various scales
- Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Overview
- FIA Sampling Design
- FIA data and tools at http://fia.fs.fed.us
- Tools Caveats
- GTR 343 - Standard Tables
- COLE: Carbon OnLine Estimator
- Carbon Calculation Tool (CCT)
- Forest Vegetation Simulator (FVS)
- FVS Carbon Reports - Can
- Right tool for the right job...
- Where do I find the carbon tools?
- Carbon Tools Page
Coeli Hoover is a Research Ecologist with the US Forest Service's Northern Research Station in Durham, NH. Coeli is an ecosystem ecologist focused on studying forest carbon sequestration at the stand and landscape scales, conducting a variety of research studies on the effects of management practices on forest carbon sequestration. Other key tasks involve developing and deploying tools for forest carbon estimation and conducting forest carbon estimation workshops for varied audiences across the United States, and internationally.