Acquisition Management - Incident Procurement - Solicitations
National Solicitation Templates
National Solicitation Templates have been established to provide consistency in the acquisition methodology, methods of hire, and equipment typing and standards throughout the Forest Service.
Due to frequent changes in acquisition rules and clauses it is necessary to periodically update these templates. Awarded agreements, Incident Blanket Purchase Agreements (I-BPAs), will in most instances be modified to incorporate the latest changes as well.
The templates in the drop-down list show what would be included in an awarded I-BPA. If the Forest Service is the contracting agency, the templates must be used through VIPR for pre-season agreements. The specifications may also be used when doing incident-only EERAs. Please direct questions regarding the templates to the Contracting Officer for your Geographic Area (Region).
Note that the resource categories/types associated with the following templates are as follows:
- Heavy Equipment: Dozer, Excavator, Tractor Plow, Transport
- Heavy Equipment with Water: Pumper Cat, Skidgine, Softtrack
- Mechanic with Service Truck: Heavy Equipment Type 1, Light Auto/Heavy Truck Type 2
- Miscellaneous Heavy Equipment: Feller Buncher, Mulcher/Masticator - Boom Mounted, Road Grader, Skidder, Strip Mulcher/Masticator
- Water Handling: Engine, Water Tender Support, Water Tender Tactical
For additional information on specific resource categories, refer to the National Solicitation Plan (NSP).
Solicitation Template Modifications View archive of updates
Maintenance Cycle 15-02 implements language changes AND pushes the database update for the Enhanced Finance Copy framework to all solicitation templates in conjunction with the VIPR 7.1 Release. Specific language changes are as follows:
- Section C Header (BP). The FAC number and date that is currently applied to the I-BPA clauses is changed to read, "Updated through FAC 2005-79, Effective 15 Dec 2014".
- C01 – Contract Terms and Conditions (BP). Changes have implemented clause updates thru FAC 2005-79, effective 15 Dec 2014. Changes include: revising the date of the clause from OCT 2014 to DEC 2014; adding paragraph (a)(1) 52.209-10, Prohibition on Contracting with Inverted Domestic Corporations (DEC 2014); and adding paragraphs (c)(10) and (e)(1)(xvii) 52.222-55, Minimum Wages Under Executive Order 13658 (Dec 2014)(Executive Order 13658). A minor correction was also made to (e)(1)(vii) to remove the extra return and text citing 52.222-40.
- C02 – Clauses Incorporated by Reference (BP). Changes have been implemented thru FAC 2005-79, effective 15 Dec 2014 to change the date for clause 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions – Commercial Items from MAY 2014 to DEC 2014.
- D02 – Equipment Requirements – CCB, Commo Trailer, CSU, Fuel Tender, GIS, HEW (D02.02 Tractor Plow), HOS, MWST, Mobile Laundry, Portable Toilets, Potable Water, Tents, VWD and Weed Wash. Per CR0212, changes were made to correct fraction notations and quote symbols that are not printing on the final product (pdf).
- D06 – Ordering – CCB, Commo, CSU, Fallers, Fuel Tender, Generic, GIS, HE, HEW, HOS, MWST, MHE, Mobile Laundry, Portable Toilets, Potable Water, Reefer, Tents, VWD, Weed Wash and WH. Per CR0212, changes were made to correct fraction notations and quote symbols that are not printing on the final product (pdf).
- D21 – Payments – CCB, Chipper, Commo, CSU, Fallers, Fuel Tender, Generic, GIS, HOS, MWST, MHE, Mobile Laundry, Portable Toilets, Potable Water, Reefer, Tents, VWD, Weed Wash and WH. Per CR0212, changes were made to correct fraction notations and quote symbols that are not printing on the final product (pdf).
- E00 – Representations and Certifications (BP). CR0212 approved implementation of changes per FAC 2005-79 and the date for 52.212-3 Offeror Representations and Certifications – Commercial Items (E.2) was changed from OCT 2014 to DEC 2014.
- E05 – Exhibit D – DOL Wage Determination (BP). CR0209 was approved to replace Wage Determination No. 1995-0221 (Rev. 33), dated 05/01/2014 with Wage Determination No. 1995-0221 (Rev. 36), dated 02/03/2015.