Acquisition Management - Incident Procurement - Solicitations
National Solicitation Templates
National Solicitation Templates have been established to provide consistency in the acquisition methodology, methods of hire, and equipment typing and standards throughout the Forest Service.
Due to frequent changes in acquisition rules and clauses it is necessary to periodically update these templates. Awarded agreements, Incident Blanket Purchase Agreements (I-BPAs), will in most instances be modified to incorporate the latest changes as well.
The templates in the drop-down list show what would be included in an awarded I-BPA. If the Forest Service is the contracting agency, the templates must be used through VIPR for pre-season agreements. The specifications may also be used when doing incident-only EERAs. Please direct questions regarding the templates to the Contracting Officer for your Geographic Area (Region).
Note that the resource categories/types associated with the following templates are as follows:
- Heavy Equipment: Dozer, Excavator, Tractor Plow, Transport
- Heavy Equipment with Water: Pumper Cat, Skidgine, Softtrack
- Mechanic with Service Truck: Heavy Equipment Type 1, Light Auto/Heavy Truck Type 2
- Miscellaneous Heavy Equipment: Feller Buncher, Mulcher/Masticator - Boom Mounted, Road Grader, Skidder, Strip Mulcher/Masticator
- Vehicle with Driver: Passenger Vehicles, Trucks
- Water Handling: Engine, Water Tender Support, Water Tender Tactical
For additional information on specific resource categories, refer to the National Solicitation Plan (NSP).
Solicitation Template Modifications View archive of updates
The language changes resulting from the Maintenance Cycle run on 8/4/15 are as follows:
- E01 LOE - Crew Carrier Bus 2014. Replaced the .docx file with a .pdf file.
The language changes resulting from the Maintenance Cycle run on 7/14/15 are as follows:
D06 Ordering – Tents. D.6.3.2 was corrected as follows:
- D.6.3.2 -- If all contractor resources on the dispatch priority list are depleted within the selection made at D.6.2, orders will be placed utilizing established dispatch procedures. Orders will be placed with the first vendor on the dispatch priority list until that vendor cannot fill the order or meet the date and time needed. If all contractor resources on the priority list are depleted within the selection made at D.6.2, orders will be placed utilizing established dispatch procedures.
D21 Payments – Water Handling. D.21.8.1(b) language was added back in to state:
- (b) Daily Rate. Payment will be made on basis of calendar days (0001 - 2400). For fractional days at the beginning and ending of time under hire, payment will be based on 50 percent of the Daily Rate for periods less than 8 hours.