National Solicitation Templates
National Solicitation Templates have been established to provide consistency in the acquisition methodology, methods of hire, and equipment typing and standards throughout the Forest Service.
Due to frequent changes in acquisition rules and clauses it is necessary to periodically update these templates. Awarded agreements, Incident Blanket Purchase Agreements (I-BPAs), will in most instances be modified to incorporate the latest changes as well.
The templates in the drop-down list show what would be included in an awarded I-BPA. If the Forest Service is the contracting agency, the templates must be used through VIPR for pre-season agreements. The specifications may also be used when doing incident-only EERAs. Please direct questions regarding the templates to the Contracting Officer for your Geographic Area (Region)
- In all templates:
- The requirement for the vendor to enter a VIN has been added.
- The requirement for the vendor to include the Insurance Policy Expiration Date was removed.
- The requirement for the vendor to include the DOT Inspection Issue Date was removed (when applicable).
- Commo Trailer, CSU, GIS and HOS: Weekly and Monthly rates are now requested in addition to the Daily rate and the Optional Internet rate.
- GIS Unit: A new question has been added to the Vendor App to ask whether GIS Specialists (GISS) are available. Instructions are included that ask the vendor to complete a roster field with the name of each GIS Specialist if they answer "yes".
- Crew Carrier Bus: A qualifying attribute for 'Emergency Exits' was added to ask whether "All original emergency exits are in working order?"
- The (non-qualifying) resource attributes for 'Number of Units' and 'Roster' have been deleted and vendors will no longer enter Faller names into a Roster in the Vendor App. As such, a note has been added to state "YOU MUST COMPLETE ONE RESOURCE FORM PER SINGLE FALLER/FALLER MODULE."
- A second note has been added below the resource attribute for 'Configuration' to state "NOTE: for any supporting documentation that is required by the solicitation (i.e. resumes or faller rosters), e-mail the documentation to the Contracting Officer of the solicitation."
- Fuel Tender, Potable & Gray Water: The double-shift requirement has been removed.
- Mechanic with Service Truck: Previously, there was only one Resource Group with some qualifying attributes being "optional" depending upon the type (Type 1 or Type 2). Now, the typing has been removed, and there are two separate resources with separate qualifers (MWST – Heavy Equipment and MWST Light Auto & Heavy Truck).
- Previously, there was only one Resource Group with some qualifying attributes being "optional" depending upon the type (Type 1, 2, 3 or 4). Now there are two Resource Groups – One for Tents and another for Tents-Canopy with separate qualifiers.
- The (non-qualifying) resource attributes for 'Generator', 'ADA Accessible' and 'Cooling' have been deleted.
- Heavy Equipment:
- D02 Equipment Requirements have been changed, and now include "optional" sub-conreqs that have been added so COs can pick the resource categories being solicited (Dozer, Tractor Plow, Excavator and Transports).
- The (non-qualfiying) resource attributes for Dozer and Tractor Plow Blade typing and their associated CBA points have changed.
- Vehicle with Driver:
- The resource category for SUV (in the Passenger Vehicle Group)has changed to now include "SUV – Small" and "SUV – Large".
- A qualifying attribute has been added so that SUVs with a passenger capacity greater than 5 will be identified on the DPL.
- A (non-qualifying) resource attribute for 'Dump/Tilt Box' was added to Vehicle with Driver – Trucks (stakeside).
- A (non-qualifying) resource attribute for 'Lift Gate' was added to Vehicle with Driver – Trucks (stakeside).
- The qualifying attributes for 'Truck Classification' (formerly ½ Ton, ¾ Ton, 1 Ton, etc.) have been changed and must now be entered as GVWR in pounds.
- HEW Skidgines: A (non-qualifying) resource attribute has been added for 'Detachable Tank'.
BOILER PLATE LANGUAGE CHANGES:
- B02 Pricing and Estimated Quantity: Updated (CR0150)
- B03 Basis of Award: Updated to include new past performance language. (CR0159)
- C01 Terms and Conditions: Updated with FAR changes thru Sep 2013. (http://farsite.hill.af.mil/reghtml/changes/fac/fac2005-69.htm)
- C02 Clauses by Referenced: Updated with FAR changes thru Sep 2013. (http://farsite.hill.af.mil/reghtml/changes/fac/fac2005-69.htm)
- C03 Agreement and Performance: Updated to make the agreement period editable text. (CR0166)
- C06 Changes to Agreements: Updated (CR0150)
- C10 Harassment Free Workplace: Minor grammar edits made (CR0150)
- D05 Availability: Edited to include new language for DC Distance Restrictions. (CR0161)
- D08 Information Provided by Contractor: Updated (CR0150)
- D19 Workmanship: Edited to include non-prescription drugs (CR0125)
- E00 Reps and Certs: Updated to include new past performance language at section E.2. (CR0159 and CR0135) and adds 52.212-3.
- E02 Exhibit A: Added "(See SAM)" to the definition for CCR and added a definition for SAM.
- E03 Payment Office Information: Updated (CR0150)
TEMPLATE SPECIFIC LANGUAGE CHANGES:
- ALL D06: Additional changes made to update new past performance language at D.6.2. (CR0159) and payment Not to Exceed (CR0132).
- ALL D21: Additional changes made to update RON at D.21.5 (except for CCB) and support payment documentation at D.21.9.5. (CR0167). Changes made to D.21.8.1 for Payment Not to Exceed DC (CR0132)
- Crew Carrier Bus D02: Changes made to accommodate new question added in the Vendor App for emergency exits. (CR0141)
- Crew Carrier Bus D06: Changes made to accommodate new question added in the Vendor App for emergency exits. (CR0141)
- Crew Carrier Bus Exhibit E08: New Form implemented. (CR0141)
- CSU D01: Language changes made to accommodate being a National template. (CR0139)
- CSU D02: Changes made to optional internet in D.2.1.1 and pricing structure. (CR0139)
- Commo Trailer D01: Language changes made to accommodate being a National template. (CR0139)
- Commo Trailer D02: Changes made to optional internet in D.2.1.1 and pricing structure. (CR0139)
- Faller DPL: Changes were made to accommodate changes made per CR0160.
- Faller D06: Changes made to D.6.7 to remove references to the roster which was removed from the Vendor App. (CR0142)
- Faller D16 Inspections: New Form implemented. (CR0142)
- Fuel Tender D02: Replaced D.2.1.6(b) to read: "Contractors shall be able to accept all major credit cards for payment of fuel and providing receipts for sales at the incident. At the discretion of incident personnel, the Contractor shall complete the Emergency Equipment Fuel and Oil Issue tickets, OF-304, and reconcile them with the finance section on a daily basis." (CR0143 - changed 9/13/13).
- GIS D01: Language changes made to accommodate being a National template. (CR0144)
- GIS D02: Changes made to optional internet in D.2.1.1. and pricing structure. (CR0144)
- WH D02: Added foam requirements. (CR0126)
- WH Exhibit M: Changed to include Foam Nozzle. (CR0130)
- HEW D02: Added foam requirements. (CR0126)
- HE D02: Made D.2 editable and incorporated optional subconreqs for Dozers, Tractor Plows, Excavators, and Transports. (CR0034)
- HE D02 Tractor Plow: Incorporated the change to add 9c as follows: "The contractor shall be capable of programming incident frequencies into their radios. Frequencies may be installed by the Government at the incident. Contractor must comply with all National telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) rules and regulations on all Federal Agency incidents and with all Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations on all State Agency incidents. Contractor shall not use Government assigned frequencies for other than performance under this contract. All Incident, Federal and State frequencies shall be removed prior to demobilization from the incident."
- HE D16: Replaced the language with editable text as follows (CR0145):
D.16 PRE-SEASON INSPECTIONS
<STARTEDIT> [CO: Edit inspection requirements pursuant to FAM direction OR use this text:]
Pre-Season Inspections will not be done.<ENDEDIT>.
- HE Exhibit J: Replaced with new form. (CR0145)
- HEW (2013 template only): Changes were made in the Vendor App to include Skidgines with Detachable Tanks. (CR0100)
- HEW (2013 template only) D02: Changes were made in D.2.1.2 and D.18.104.22.168 for changes to attributes. (CR0100)
- HEW (2013 template only) D6: Changes were made to break out detachable tank with grapple and changed the number reference from "e" to "a" and added text to state "(Type 3 and 4 only)" (CR0100)
- HOS D01: Language changes made to accommodate being a National template. (CR0146)
- HOS D02: Changes made to optional internet in D.2.1.1. and the pricing structure. (CR0146)
- MWST now has two resource groups named Mechanic w/Service Truck – Heavy Equipment and Mechanic w/Service Truck – Light Auto & Heavy Truck. (CR0147). As a result, changes were made to match in D.2.1, D.3.1 and D.6.2.
- MWST D16 Inspections: New Form implemented (CR0147)
- TENTS D02: Language changes made to delete references to optional items. (CR0148)
- Vehicle w/Driver: Dump/Tilt and Lift Gate attributes were added to the Vendor App.
- Vehicle w/Driver D02: language changes made for added attributes and changed equipment requirements. (CR0149)
- Vehicle w/Driver D03: language changes made for added attributes and changed equipment requirements. (CR0149)
- Vehicle w/Driver D06: language changes made for added attributes and changed equipment requirements. (CR0149)