Evaluate Our Service We welcome your comments on our service and your suggestions for improvement.

USDA Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
Washington , D.C. 20090-6090
(202) 205-8333
FirstGov: the official portal web site of the U.S. government.

Interested ARRA Vendor and Grantee Information

Work with the Forest Service on American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) projects

Here are the basics of what is needed to become compliant with Government regulations and interact with our systems.

  1. 1

    Obtain an eMail Address: If you don’t already have one, obtain a valid email address. You can obtain one from your internet service provider (ISP) or you can use one of the many free services available on the web. A valid email address is required to register with DUNS and CCR.

  2. 2

    Obtain a D-U-N-S® Number: The Data Universal Number System code is required by the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR 52.204-6) and you must have this before registering in the CCR. Register online at D&B DUNS Number site for government contractors.

  3. 3

    Obtain an IRS TIN: For Invoicing, payment, and tax purposes you must have a Taxpayer Identification Number as required by the IRS. For privacy and security purposes, we recommend that you do not use your Social Security Number (SSN).

  4. 4

    Register with CCR: In order to do business with the Federal Government (as required by FAR 4.11), you must register in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR). You are required to validate and update CCR once per year.

  5. 5

    Contract Vendors Only:

    Register with the Contractor Performance System (CPS): Contractor performance evaluations will be entered in the National Institutes of Health Contractor Performance System (NIH-CPS). In order to review and respond to your performance evaluations, you will need to register in CPS. To register, go to http://cps.od.nih.gov; once there, click on "Contractor Information" tab and follow the links/instructions.

  6. 6

    Contract Vendors Only:

    Register at FedBizOpps (FBO) and watch for business opportunities: Every competitive solicitation we offer is first posted to FBO. It provides you with government wide business opportunities. Every solicitation is different, so read them carefully for instructions on how to submit your bids or proposals.

  7. 7

    Grant Applicants Only:

    Register at www.grants.gov and watch for competitive grant opportunities. Competitive grant opportunities we offer are posted to grants.gov where all government wide grant competitive opportunities are posted. Follow application instructions to ensure your proposal complies with solicitation requirements.

    The Forest Service also issues significant discretionary grants based on unsolicited proposals and local partnership opportunities. Please contact your local Forest Service office for more information.

Last Modified: Mar 23, 2013 06:17:pm CDT