Awarded: March 2016
Each year the USDA Forest Service recognizes outstanding individual and group achievements by natural resource professionals in the Forest Service, as well as significant partner contributions to wildlife, fish and native plant conservation. We are pleased to announce the 2016 recipients! Detailed descriptions about the awards and award winners will be available soon.
All nomination information can be found on our WFWARP Award page.
Making Tracks/Wild Turkey
- HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECT (West) AWARD : Recipient is the Grand Valley Ranger District, Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre and Gunnison National Forests
- HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECT (East) AWARD : Recipient is the Hoosier National Forest
- HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM AWARD : Recipient is the Black Kettle National Grasslands , Cibola National Forest
- CONSERVATION EDUCATION AWARD : Recipient is the National Forests and Grasslands in Texas
- PARTNERSHIP ACHIEVEMENT AWARD : Recipient is the Ocoee Ranger District, Cherokee National Forest
FS-BLM Conservation Awards : Recipient is the Northeastern California/Northwestern Elk Management and Aerial Surveys project.
Lloyd W. Swift Sr. Award : To Be Announced
Jack Adams Award : Recipient is Cary Thompson, Supervisory Wildlife Biologist, Flagstaff Ranger District on the Coconino National Forest.
Forest Service/Mule Deer Foundation Award : To Be Announced
Forest Service/Elk Country - RMEF Award: There is not an annual schedule for the Elk Country awards. Nominations can be sent in throughout the year and can be coordinated with the RMEF liaison.
2015 Rise to the Future Award Winners
Below are the respective recipients of the 2015 National Rise to the Future Awards for excellence and leadership in Fisheries, Hydrology, Soil Science, and Air Programs.
Awards presented in May 2016.
- Aquatic Recreational Accomplishment: Deborah Urich from the Tahoe National Forest and David Lass from Trout Unlimited
- Collaborative/Integrated Aquatic Stewardship – co-winner: The Knutson Dam Improvement Project on the Chippewa National Forest
- Collaborative/Integrated Aquatic Stewardship – co-winner: Sandy River Basin Partners on the Mt. Hood National Forest, Zigzag Ranger District
- Partnership: Brian Hodge from Trout Unlimited
- Professional Excellence - Fish Management – co-winner: Mark Moulton from the Sawtooth National Recreation Area
- Professional Excellence - Fish Management – co-winner: Jerry Monzingo from the Gila National Forest
- Friend of the Fish/Watershed: Johanna Kovarik from the Washington Office of Mineral & Geology
- Public Awareness: Karen Holligsworth from Wildlife Forever
- Tribal Accomplishment: The Hopi Tribe and the Kaibab National Forest
- Jim Sedell Research Achievement: The NorWeST/Climate Shield/National Stream Internet Science and Data Team
- Field Soil Scientist: Dennis Landwehr from the Tongass National Forest
- “Wagon Wheel Gap” Hydrology: Daniel Cenderelli from the National Stream & Aquatic Ecology Center
- Special Category Award for “Lifetime Achievement”: Ron Medel from the Tongass National Forest
- Paul Miller Air Award: No Awardee in 2016
2015 information is posted below - in general it is applicable for 2016. Start writing your nominations now.
DUE DATE: December 2016
Million Bucks/Mule Deer Conservation Award - USDA Forest Service & Mule Deer Foundation
Making Tracks/Wild Turkey - The National Making Tracks With the Forest Service Award
FS-BLM Conservation Awards
Lloyd W. Swift Sr. Award
Jack Adams Award
Wings Across the Americas Conservation
Presidential Migratory Bird Stewardship
Forest Service/Elk Country - RMEF Award: Due to the challenges associated with receiving annual nominations from the FS, RMEF has decided to continue this as nominees come in, not necessarily annually. Historical award winners are listed at the Award page, AwardsArchiveWFWARP.docx
Rise to the Future (RTTF) - Multiple Awards ::
PAST AWARD RECIPIENTS