Leadership & Communications Training Options
Training Open to Everyone
McMullin Training & Consulting is a highly respected company and provides training that receives '100% Satisfaction' evaluations. Register directly with the company. Many FS employees credit these courses for inspiring them to take additional training programs and changing their career path into being Line Officers. Others stayed in a specialist career path with focus on being leaders in their areas who communicate well with colleagues.
Training Open to Forest Service Employees
- Aspiring Leader Program (online)
- Middle Leader Program
- Senior Leader Program
- Congressional Briefing Training
- Leadership Development Opportunities (various external programs)
- USDA Virtual University - USDA Team Leader Program; Free. Available through AgLearn.
Forest Service Employees: Visit the internal HRM training website. Go to the ASC site > scroll down navigations to "Training" > select "Leadership Development". Many of these courses (or variations) can be found through the Graduate School Programs open to the public.
Training Open to Federal Employees
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) - Center for Leadership Development (residential centers)
- Federal Executive Institute (FEI)
- Eastern Management Development Center (EMDC) in Shepherdstown, WV
- Western Management Development Center (WMDC) in Aurora, CO
- Champlain College/truED: Masters in Executive Leadership
- SkillSoft Courses in AgLearn (see AgLearn for USDA employees; other Federal employees have similar training)
<Not all these courses are vetted by this program or the USDA Forest Service.>