AMSET Team Members
» Science Section Lead
Cell: (530) 575-7057
- Scott began working for the Forest Service in 1993, with assignments related to geology, hydrology, and burned area assessment and restoration. After a leave of absence working for a geotechnical consulting firm, Scott returned to the Forest Service with Adaptive Management Services Enterprise Team (AMSET) in 2001.
- Scott's variety of experience with AMSET has included geomorphology and ecological mapping, BAER planning and implementation work, assessments for the NRIS database, fuel treatment data collection and assessment, wildlife habitat assessment, fire behavior research (see Fire Behavior Assessment Team), monitoring and inventory project design for fuels treatment and forestry applications, and general project management duties.
Areas of Expertise
- Project Management
- Field Logistics
- Monitoring/Inventory Program Design
- Ecological Data Analysis
- Association for Fire Ecology
- Masters of Science, Natural Resources/Fire Ecology, University of Nevada, Reno (in progress)
- Bachelor of Arts, Geology, California State University, Sacramento